Internet security should not be taken casually, and social media websites are among the most frequently targeted by hackers.
Changing your password frequently, especially on Facebook, is one of the ways you can keep your data secure or at least drastically reduce the likelihood of being compromised. Additionally, you can make your Facebook private.
Creating a new password is straightforward on both the Facebook website and the Facebook mobile app. Here is the procedure.
Quick tip: If you want to reset your password because you can’t remember what it is, click Forgot password? on the sign-in screen. You’ll be asked for your email or phone number, and Facebook will send you a link to create a new password. You can still recover your Facebook password without email or phone number if you’ve lost access to those: You can use Facebook’s Trusted Contacts feature or an alternate login method, like your Facebook URL.
How to change your Facebook password on the website
To change your Facebook password on the website, follow these steps:
- Login to Facebook: Open your web browser and go to the Facebook website (www.facebook.com). If you’re not already logged in, enter your email address or phone number and your current password, then click “Log In.”
- Access Security Settings: Once you’re logged in, click on the small down arrow in the upper right corner of the Facebook page. This will open a drop-down menu. From the menu, select “Settings & Privacy” and then click on “Settings.”
- Go to Security and Login: In the left-hand column of the Settings page, click on “Security and Login.” This will take you to the security settings section.
- Change Password: Under the “Login” section, you’ll see an option called “Change password.” Click on “Edit” next to this option.
- Enter Current and New Password: You will be prompted to enter your current password, as well as your new password. Make sure your new password is strong and includes a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers, and special characters to enhance security.
- Confirm New Password: Re-enter the new password to confirm it.
- Save Changes: After confirming the new password, click the “Save Changes” button.
- Re-login: You’ll be asked to re-login with your new password to ensure the changes have been applied successfully. Enter your new password and click “Log In.”
Your Facebook password is now changed. Make sure to remember your new password or store it in a secure location, as Facebook does not display it after you’ve set it. Additionally, consider enabling two-factor authentication for added security on your Facebook account.
How to change your Facebook password on an iPhone or other mobile device
To change your Facebook password on an iPhone or any other mobile device, you can follow these steps:
- Open the Facebook App: If you haven’t already, download and install the Facebook app from the App Store on your iPhone.
- Log In: Open the Facebook app and log in to your account using your current password and email/phone number.
- Access Account Settings: Tap on the three horizontal lines (menu icon) in the lower-right corner of the screen. This will open the navigation menu.
- Navigate to Settings & Privacy: Scroll down the menu, and under the “Help & Support” section, tap on “Settings & Privacy” to expand it.
- Access Security and Login:
- Tap on “Settings” to open the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and select “Security and Login.”
- Change Password: Under the “Login” section, you should see an option labeled “Change password.” Tap on it.
- Enter Current Password: You will be prompted to enter your current Facebook password. Enter it and tap “Continue.”
- Create a New Password:
- Next, you’ll be asked to enter a new password. Make sure it’s a strong and unique password. You can use a combination of letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Facebook will usually guide you on how strong your password is by showing a bar indicating its strength.
- Confirm New Password: After entering the new password, you’ll need to re-enter it to confirm it. Make sure both entries match.
- Save Changes: Once you’ve confirmed your new password, tap the “Continue” or “Save Changes” button to save your new password.
- Log In Again: After changing your password, you may need to log in again with your new credentials.
That’s it! Your Facebook password has now been changed on your iPhone or mobile device. Make sure to remember or securely store your new password because you’ll need it to log in the next time. Additionally, it’s a good practice to update your password regularly to enhance your account’s security.
How to turn on two-factor authentication on Facebook
Even if you have a strong, frequently-changed password, you should always enable two-factor authentication on your Facebook account.
Two-factor authentication requires the entry of a code transmitted to your phone whenever someone attempts to access your Facebook account. It is one of the most effective means of account security.
To enable two-factor authentication, navigate to the Password and Security section of the Meta Account Center and use the Two-Factor Authentication options available there.
That’s it on “How to Change, Reset Your Facebook Password”. I trust this article was helpful, do us a favor and share it!!